Time travelling with a Bellisseria Passport
Not everywhere in Second Life® is set in the modern age. The BBB's sleek passport stamp terminals can look a bit anachronistic. Licensed BBB blogger (holder of Permit 004) Cranston Yordstorm has come up with a solution in his medieval tavern in Bellisseria – The Toothsome Wench. He's modded the terminal into a more suitable form.
Now he just needs his Flickr sign redone by a monk as an illuminated manuscript!
I would have done similar at the Bellishire build, but the notecard that comes with the vendor was *very* explicit about not modding the vendor or textures except the screen. If I had known a mod like this was permissible for period locations, I would have made the vendor fit in better.
Posted by: Lucifer Morningstar | 04/29/2021 at 01:08 AM
Thanks for your comment Lucifer. I agree the notecard is explicit on the subject, but (while I am PR and not Operations) I think there might be scope for flexibility. There's an undersea version of the terminal for Mer locations, for example. In future such cases, I would suggest you request a variance to allow you to mod for period. I would hope my colleagues would agree.
Posted by: Fenella | 04/29/2021 at 02:39 AM
For the record, this is what the notecard says:
- You may replace the texture on the SCREEN of the Terminal, but please leave the rest of the textures AND colors untouched !
(even though the rest of the terminal was made transparent, the textures and colors remain intact)
- Please DONOT rename the Terminal ! (My terminal has not been renamed)
- Please DONOT resize the Terminal ! (MY terminal has not been resized)
- Please DONOT link items to the Terminal or link the Terminal to your build, the scripts will break ! (There are been nothing linked or relinked to the terminal)
- Also DO NOT add any scripts or other things to its contents, this to ensure proper working of our terminal and update scripts ! (No scripts were added to my terminal)
Posted by: Cranston Yordstorm | 04/29/2021 at 05:12 PM
As for a less anachronistic flickr logo ... ask and you shall receive.
Posted by: Cranston Yordstorm | 04/30/2021 at 07:18 AM
Nicely done. And here's a link to your latest post; https://cranstontravels.blogspot.com/2021/04/the-toothsome-wench-passport-stamp.html
Posted by: Fenella | 05/01/2021 at 12:12 AM
I landed in a home, which isnt a tavern at all, is it normal?
Posted by: Martina | 06/28/2022 at 05:28 PM
The location has changed since this article was written, Marina. Please look up the current location in the Online Travel Guide. The link – https://tinyurl.com/BBBOTG – is in the side-bar to the left under the heading "Information & Resources". That's where the up-to-date information will always be.
Posted by: Dave | 07/01/2022 at 07:09 AM
I found it, thank you very much.
Posted by: Martina | 07/05/2022 at 07:51 AM