Our proposed sub-offices on Linden Department of Public Works land have been eagerly anticipated since the prototypes were displayed on our stand at SL18B. The designs have now been been completed. They are being tested at secret locations in-world. The plan is for our beloved Moles to place them on public land. The date of placement has yet to be confirmed.
Now it's time for you, our readers, to play your part. Every BBB office and Embassy will shortly have space for one new promotional poster. In a competition sponsored by the BBB Gazette we are inviting all residents of Second Life® to design and submit a poster for that space.
All entrants submitting posters that comply with the rules will (if holders of a Bellisseria Passport) receive a unique passport stamp as a reward.
There is no other way to obtain that stamp.
Entrants who don't currently hold a Bellisseria Passport can receive their stamp if they obtain one within 1 month of entering the competition. All they have to do is mention their entry to the competition in their application form. Their new passport, if approved, will then be issued with the stamp already included.
The 10 best posters will be featured in the frames in BBB official locations (including any future sub-offices). Here are the rules:
- The poster must promote either Bellisseria and/or the Bellisserian Bureau of Bureaucracy.
- By submitting the file, the entrant represents to the BBB that s/he owns all relevant rights to the image.
- The image file must be square in format and measure at least 1024 x 1024.
- The image file must be no larger than 2048 x 2048 (the maximum size for an uploaded texture to SL).
- Each resident may submit one poster only.
- The content must comply with Linden Labs' Terms of Service as in force on the date of submission.
- The content must be suitable for display in a region with a maturity rating of General.
- The entry must be submitted to Gazette Editor Fenella Allen ("the Editor") either in the form of a full perm texture inside a notecard or as an enclosure to an email to [email protected].
- The name of the notecard or the subject line of the email to the Editor should be the contestant's legacy name.
- Submission of the entry grants the BBB the right to use the image for display in Second Life® and in the BBB Gazette for official purposes. All other rights in the image remain with the entrant.
- The entry should either feature the entrant's signature or our design team will add the entrant's name to a winning entry.
- The competition opens today and closes at midnight SLT on October 23rd.
The contest will be judged by the BBB staff, chaired by Sun – our Director of Design & Distribution. Sun's decision will be final. Get those creative juices flowing! We look forward to seeing your efforts.
NEW STAMP LOCATIONS
We have a bumper crop of new locations where you can collect stamps for your Bellisseria Passport this week. They include two terminals placed by our beloved Moles on LDPW public land; at Half Hitch on the Blake Sea and at the ANWR Prim Rig Platform – where all the prims for Second Life® construction are extracted.
There are also new locations in Bellisseria itself; a new Book Club, a Gaming Club and a free café.
There's a new stamp to be had at an old location: Bear Castle, where an amazing collection of Linden Bears is housed.
Collecting the historic first Blake Sea stamp other than by boat, seaplane or helicopter seems like cheating to your editor; an enthusiastic frequent sailor and aviator there. However the BBB makes no official judgments in these matters so teleporting is permitted, if not condoned. Whether you teleport, drive, ride a horse, fly, hike, sail or bike – all of us at the BBB wish you safe travels. Take care of those passports and enjoy visiting the new locations!
|Bellisserian Book Club|
|Bellisseria Gaming Club|
|Bear Castle [STAMP CHANGE]|
|Bellisseria YinYang free cafe|
|ANWR Prim Rig Platform|